JOIN US FOR WINEFEST 2020!
As Winefest welcomes it’s 18th year of celebrating great food and wine, we look forward to making Winefest 2020 the best one yet.
This weeklong event featuring food & wine seminars, tasting events, and pairing dinners, allows for many possibilities for your involvement throughout the week. We would love to have your participation in one of Winefest’s signature events – The Community Choice Grand Tasting on August 8th, 2020. This event is the culmination of our festival and appeals to the wine aficionados of Central Iowa. We sell a limited number of tickets and pair high-end wines with gourmet foods from Des Moines’ finest restaurants and caterers. The Splash Raw & Bubbly Bar will be back for the Grand Tasting complete with classic champagne, caviar and oysters. As we continue to strive for a true distinction between Sips & the City and the Grand Tasting, we ask that all wines served at the Grand Tasting have a minimum retail value of $20. There is NO BOOTH FEE to participate in this event.
You might be asking yourself, “Why Des Moines?” There are hundreds of reasons why you should come to Des Moines, but here are a few of our favorites:
- Maytag Dairy Farms and La Quercia artisan meats are just a short drive from our metro area.
- We serve as headquarters for several large corporations including Meredith Corporation (publisher of Better Homes & Gardens, Time and other well-read magazines), Principal Financial Group, Nationwide and EMC Insurance.
- We’ve received accolades from a number of publications and have been ranked as a “Wealthiest City in America,” one of the best “Midwest Food Towns,” and the #1 Up-And-Coming Downtowns and Best City for Young Professionals in 2014.
- Community Choice Grand Tasting: Saturday, August 8th from 5 – 9 p.m.
- $80 / person with option to upgrade to the VIP Lounge for $75
- Includes unlimited wine and food sampling as well as live entertainment and a commemorative Winefest Riedel glass.
- NO BOOTH FEE
- Winefest anticipates 850 attendees at this event. Wineries should be prepared to provide at least six bottles for each wine poured.
- Wines poured at the Grand Tasting should have a retail value of $20 or more.
- Participation includes the following:
- Listing in official Winefest Weekend program
- Website listed in the participating wineries section of the Winefest website
- 10 x 10 tent or booth space
- 8 foot table with covering and skirting
- Booth signage
- Bus tubs, spittoons, ice, water pitchers, water for rinsing