Event Assistant Intern
The Des Moines Wine Festival Foundation is seeking an intern for the Spring 2018 semester through
June 15, 2018. The event assistant will work with the entire event team to execute the eight-day festival
June 2 – June 9, as well as smaller events throughout the spring.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit, organize and communicate with over 100 volunteers
- Recruit and communicate with prospective wineries, breweries and food vendors
- Manage licensing for participating vendors
- Update website and other digital communications
- Design collateral pieces for festival attendees, vendors, sponsors & patrons
- Serve as a liaison for sponsors and patrons regarding their benefits
The qualified applicant will be detail-oriented, quick-thinking and able to retain a positive attitude under stressful situations. Strong writing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office are required. Experience in inDesign and Photoshop are a plus.
- 10 – 15 hours a week during the school year
- Full time May 22 – June 15
Interested individuals should send resume and cover letter to:
Des Moines Wine Festival Foundation