Cheese + Wine School Holiday Edition III with The Cheese Shop presented by Bank of America
Holiday Cheese School! Let’s drink wine, eat delicious food and support our local establishments virtually from the comfort of our kitchen tables, patios, couches, friends house – wherever you feel comfortable!
Here’s the deal – Winefest has partnered with the Cheese Shop for holiday editions of Cheese + Wine School.
WHEN: Dec. 12, 6 p.m. (pickup Dec. 11–12, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
WHAT: Cabernet Cabaret! Ole! (Rhyming is fun.) You’ll get the scoop from one of Des Moines’ finest wine nerds, Marcus Walsh, plus Norbert Sieghart, IT guy by day and experimental cheese whiz by night, and Jonathan Richardson, importing genius.
- One Old World Cab and one New World Cab
- Quicke’s cheddar and Alpencheddar (which has Quicke’s cheddar grated into the curd, for a crazy, one of a kind cooked/pressed cheddar).
HOW IS THIS GOING TO WORK?
1. Buy your tickets!
2. Go to the Cheese Shop during shop hours (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.) on the Friday or Saturday before your class.
3. Make sure you set up the Zoom app on your phone, tablet, or computer. (Tech-challenged? Here’s a handy little tutorial.) Please test this well in advance of the class, so you don’t miss anything.The private video conferencing link to the class will be provided in a separate email sent the day of the tasting.
4. Log in by clicking on the Zoom link we will send you. The session will open at 5:30 p.m. so you can get settled (and drinking wine) — and figure out all of the techie stuff. The actual class starts at 6:00 p.m.
Need a great holiday party idea to make your clients feel extra special?! We’ve created a private pre-class class for groups of 10 or more. Simply purchase 10 cheese school classes on the same Tikly order and for the same price as the regular class, you and (at least) nine friends/employees/clients get a 30-minute VIP super-special private Q&A intro session. Get up close and personal to the smart people on the other side of your screen who are doing the teaching part, before heading into the melee of the whole class.
This is a one day classes, so don’t miss out